Jumat, 19 Desember 2008

Perceiving, noting, and analysing student soul symptom of Junior High School in solving mathematics problem

Thursday, 11 December, 2008 Mr. Marsigit gave task to all students Education of Mathematics to perceive, noting, and analysing student soul symptom of Junior High School in solving mathematics problem. To execute the task, I have to make a mathematics story problem for Junior High School level. In this case I make problem about linear equation by two variables.

I’m not found difficulties to look for Junior High School student to be perceived because I have a nephew which school in Junior High School. His name is Ravi Yoga Arfanda. He is class 8 in Muhammadiyah 2 Godean Junior High School. Me and my nephew are very closely related. Before, when he little I often invite him to play. Even if he invited go with him parent, I must follow. Therefore, up to now I very recognize his character. Even about his education, I knew him. I recognize his as bright insufficient student. More than in Mathematics lesson. He ever won’t to go to school because lazy. Though his parent including respectable and rich people. Although now he go to school everyday, but the target of the more important is meet with his friend, not because want to look for knowledge. Not surprised if he have followed remedial in school, especially mathematics lesson.

Wednesday, 17 December, 2008 I command my nephew to come to my house. Coincidence his house and my house are not far. I gain moment when he had go home from school. At 02.20 pm he came to my house. Before, I explain the target of me command he to come, that I wish to perceive him when he solving mathematics problem. After he know that he have to do mathematics problem, he had refused with reason he cannot concerning mathematics. But I remain to persuade him and finally he is agree.

I give him a problem about linear equation by two variables. The problem is " Price of two shirts and one T-shirt is Rp 170.000,00, while price of one shirt and three T-shirts is Rp 185.000,00. Price three shirt and two T-shirt is …..". When he began doing the problem which I gave, he complained. Even moment read the problem, he had felt confuse. He said that he cannot do it. I sure he had pessimist because since first he said if he cannot do it. I ask he remain to try. But he contrary asking to me the way of the problem solving. He hopelessly. Because I know will not happened progress, I give he the problem example and the solution of which similar to problem which I give to him. After me explain the answer of problem example which I show, he start tried doing again. But just remain to still enquire to me concerning step to answer the problem to the last he succeed to find correct answer. He seen very happy when he had done it.

After me feel enough to perceive him, I note the soul symptom when he solving mathematics problem which I give. Afterwards I try to analysis up to I reach for conclusion. The students which have believed that mathematics is difficult lesson, he will find difficulties in learning mathematics. More than if he hate Mathematics. Student will not motivate in learning. Even he will more lazy to progressively learn. But learn don’t be forced. Therefore, support from people around him very influence like support from parent, teacher and his friend. Besides, teacher also should be able to create pleasant study for student. For example through game, because moment student in Junior High School, they still have play world.

2 komentar:

Dr. Marsigit, M.A mengatakan...

Great, your work is wonderful (Dosen: Dr. Marsigit)

Dr. Jero mengatakan...

Dwi, your article is interesting.
I like read it, i understand your idea and your other article so can to improve my perception. I invited you to discussion with me about the mathematics education, psychology of matematics, and philosophy of mathematics education. Perhaps, we can sharring our experience to gain our insight about the topics.
Thank You, Jero
Blog:jerobudy.blogspot.com